Is the first point of contact and communication with Customers/Distributors/Subsidiaries. Responsible that the customer service operations, inquiries, and problem solving needs are timely, accurate and consistently met. Follows compliance with trade regulations and company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes orders with quality and efficiency from receipt to shipment of goods. Prepares shipping documents, customs documentation, problem solves order discrepancies, and ensures regulatory approval before shipping.
• Follows Global Trade standard operating procedures set for international government regulations/processes.
• Keeps records and communicates shipment advice notifications of international transactions of Exports, Imports, Complaint/ Returns, and Freight Forwarding, etc. Monitors the receiving and quality of AWB and EEI (Electronic Export Information) provided by the Freight Forwarders or carriers and process the EEI thru the AES (Automated Export System) when applicable.
• Liaise with other internal departments such as: Operations, Sales, Global trade, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Marketing, Compliance Program (EMCP) to resolve export compliance failures, freight estimates, and facilitate the proper flow of information between the business and the customer.
• Provides quotes for products as requested.
• Escalates potential compliance concerns for investigation. Opens calls, complaints, work orders, return authorization numbers and report resolutions to management.
• Works closely with master data analyst to ensure pricing is updated timely in QAD.
• Problem solves order issues with the customer regarding pricing, availability, terms and delivery.
• Interpret information on sales promotions, discounts by entering updates in ERP system.
• Check open order and backlog reports daily to ensure timely processing of customer orders.
• Consolidates monthly reports for internal and external use and analysis as required.
• Consistently provides excellent customer service.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
International Customer Service or equivalent experience required.
Experience with export documentation and order entry.
Prior experience working with Freight Forwarders preferred.
Experience using an ERP System.
Experience in multicultural environment preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements/ Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently in a changing work environment
• Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish required. Portuguese is a plus.
• Well-developed organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Social perception being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Adjusts actions in relation to others’ reactions.
• Specific knowledge of importing and exporting procedures and associated shipping requirements.
• Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times with a variety of audiences.
• Strong time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strength and weakness of alternative solutions or approaches to problem solving.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficient software skills: Word/ Excel/ Power Point/database and internet research tools, ERP and software associated with office environments. Proficiency in software associated with trade such as AES program preferred. Proficiency in a fully integrated ERP system, Excel, Word & Power Point required.
Arthrex - 9 months ago