re looking for a customer service dynamo to work at our
Raleigh-Durham (Butner), NC
auction site as a
Customer Service Manager
(CSM). Our CSM's are the number one point of contact for customers and staff, before, during and after our auctions. You’ll be responsible for all administrative aspects of the auction, and you’ll uphold the Ritchie Bros. philosophy of providing exceptional service. No auction experience is needed for this role, and lots of training will be provided.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
- Meals catered at auction time.
Our ideal candidate is energetic, motivated, and a highly organized team player with a focus on customer service. In this role you’ll:
- Ensure that superior customer service is delivered at all times to all customers.
- Set up and maintain auction information systems.
- Enter contracts and equipment specifications into the auction system.
- Balance auction results, and take care of accounts receivable, collections and banking responsibilities.
- Verify that funds have been collected, and that correct lien holders are paid.
- Process vehicle titles, registrations and legal transfer documents.
- Build strong relationships with banks, taxation offices, and motor vehicle branches to obtain information and to resolve issues.
- Assist to recruit, train and oversee Customer Service Representatives for auctions.
Here’s what you bring:
This job will require you to:
- 2+ years in a role where you worked in-person with customers.
- Post-secondary training in business, accounting, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Fantastic computer skills, including the ability to master new systems and enter data quickly and accurately.
- Experience with any of the following is an asset: accounts receivable, account reconciliation, sales tax collection/remittance, vehicles or heavy equipment, DMV document processing.
- You can think quickly and make good decisions on the fly (auction time is intense and hectic!).
- This is an intensely administrative role. You must love paperwork, and have an obsession with detail and accuracy in order to succeed.
- Outstanding people skills – you’re outgoing, diplomatic, patient, and a good listener.
- The ability to work independently – you have a take-charge attitude and you’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You like to work hard, but still have fun on the job.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
- Maintain a clean, valid driver's license.
- Work indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Because we're an event driven company, we'll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at
auctions. You can expect to work extra hours for
2-3 weeks prior
to each sale,
during each sale
, and for
1 week after
per year, to other auction sites.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...