JOB CODE: Manager, Customer Service – Bulk Energy |
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
STATUS: Full-time / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager will be the primary point of contact for customer concerns and issue resolution related to a single or multiple lines of business. In addition to load creation or spot price activities, the CS Manager may work through billing, collections, service, equipment needs, promotions, ad-hoc freight, cargo claims, pricing or unique proposals. This associate must be skilled in interpersonal relationship management to effectively work at all levels within the SNBC organization and within the external client organization. Managerial responsibilities include success, growth and process improvement for the account. The associate will have direct linkage with the Division Managers to understand initiatives, the account plan and financial metrics related to the account.
A responsibility of this position is to provide support and directions to all associates that support the account. The Customer Service Manager position is a key liaison between the customer and various internal SNBC functional areas such as Customer Service, Sales, Pricing, Billing, Collections, etc. This associate will assist in promoting and conveying the values and expectations of the customer and Schneider Bulk to all Schneider associates and ensure the entire Enterprise team provides the necessary support to meet and exceed the customer expectations and needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and maintain a business partnership with the customer.
2. Perform customer specific requirements such as load acceptance, order creation, and dispatch activities.
3. Create value propositions – understand what is of value to the client and assist in creating value proposition. Develop clear understanding of the customer network.
4. Revenue generation and margin enhancement – support Sales in negotiating price increases, coordinating large bids, pricing reviews, scenario planning, and ad-hoc requests. Understand lost opportunities and assist in increasing business with customer.
5. Work closely with planning team to gain expertise in network flows for applicable lines of business.
6. Network across all shifts as needed.
7. Conduct periodic sales/pricing/performance reviews.
8. Ensure entire SNBC team provides service that will exceed internal and customer expectations.
9. Analyze and recommend changes to existing procedures to facilitate continuous improvement.
10. Communicate the customer’s needs clearly and accurately to the organization.
11. Keep team members informed, focused, and motivated.
12. Conduct performance reviews, compensation reviews and career counseling for direct reports on a timely basis.
13. Develop, train and reinforce all procedures in conjunction with the site’s scope of responsibilities (i.e. operations, customer service, reporting of results, etc.).
14. Oversee and lead implementation of action steps to deliver key factor results.
15. Ensure a balance of safety, customer service and other SNBC values.
16. Develop and conduct process for monthly result reviews.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3-5 years of successful Customer Service experience preferred.
2. Exhibit sense of urgency, creativity and a flexible approach to running the business.
3. Ability to make decisions and take action.
4. Possess solid judgment and common sense.
5. High level of drive, energy and stress tolerance.
6. Strong communication skills to include responding to situations in a prompt and professional manner, effective oral and written communication, and proven solicitation skills
7. Strong negotiation skills. Ability to influence for positive outcomes.
8. Ability to build team relationships and maintain high morale.
9. Ability/desire to work independently while understanding contact network to meet client needs.
10. Strong planning and organizing skills to include attention to detail.
Schneider National - 9 months ago
Schneider National Inc. is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Serving more than two-thirds of the FORTUNE...