POSITION: Customer Service Manager – Industrial Steel
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Barstow, CA 92310
A global manufacturer of steel utility structures
(poles, towers) has an immediate opening for a Customer
Service Manager at its manufacturing plant located in
Barstow, Calif. Reporting to the General Manager at this
facility, the Customer Service Manager is accountable
for leadership and coordination of all Customer Service
functions, including all external and internal customers
across all product types. The Customer Service Manager
will manage, document, and drive actions and metrics
across all functions to ensure 100% Customer
Satisfaction. The Customer Service Manager will build
and manage a set of metrics around all customer
complaints and drive resolution to the customer’s
satisfaction. Areas of focus will include the following:
On Time Delivery, Field Issues, Warranty Claims, Quote
Turn Around Time, Performance to committed lead time,
Performance to customer forecasts, Customer Scorecards,
Customer Continuous Improvement opportunities, etc. The
Customer Service Manager will assist in ensuring company
and division goals are maintained and improvement is
made in the service level to all customers. In this
role, the Customer Service Manager will have significant
interaction with internal company stakeholders, company
contracted sales representatives, and customers on all
service related issued.
Service Process throughout the plant and division. Work
- Establish, support and manage a formal Customer
with other internal facilitators to ensure that plant
personnel are utilizing the best practices available
within the organization.
required by promise date and maintain daily schedules
- Coordinate on-time shipments of all customer orders as
for all operations, while coordinating product flow
through the manufacturing cycle in corporation with the
status of all orders and shipments. Ensure the internal
- Clearly and accurately communicate to customers the
stakeholders are aware and are held accountable to all
monitoring work activities, such as preparation of
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for
progress reports, scheduling, order status, etc. in
order to inform management of current status or work
customer complaints of any nature.
- Set up internal metrics to track and resolve all
on current status, open issues, and resolution actions.
- Establish monthly reporting to the division and site
ensure all customer field claims and quality issues are
- Work directly with Operations and Quality Personnel to
resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, and document
provide same to the customer.
- Prepare Corrective Action Reports for each issue and
- Track Quality issues by customer, trend and
and work with the plant personnel to drive continuous
- Complete Pareto of the most common customer complaints
all required information prior to, during and after the
- Coordinate all customer onsite inspections and provide
inspection to ensure customer satisfaction.
on customer inspections and provide full Corrective
- Provide the customer reporting and track all findings
Action reports to customers on all issues.
action response, and all customer communication.
- Responsible for quotes, orders status, corrective
communicating all site specific customer metrics.
- Responsible for determining, driving, and
Responsible for developing the master order status
schedule and providing feedback to both internal and
external stakeholders when potential variances arise.
scorecards and reporting requirements. Receive and
- Maintain and communicate all customer specific
translate all customer forecasting information for the
improvement actions of all customer complaints. Report
- Maintain a log and lead team through continuous
to all stakeholders on status of progress.
monitoring, analyzing and reporting on both the actual
- Manage the scheduling of incoming sales orders while
and forecasted customer backlog.
customer complaints, on time deliveries, dispatching,
- Manage and direct all activities of customer service,
shipping, traffic, and quoting.
while holding the company’s exposure as low as possible
- Obtain and coordinate special customer requirements.
- Manage field claims to ensure accuracy and expediency
and solving the problem with as little inconvenience as
possible to the customer.
departments to help solve chronic problems. Contribute
- Make timely field claim reports; work with other
to departmental planning providing alternative solutions
to short and long term problems in terms of staff
requirement, system upgrades, evaluation and
implementation of new processes and procedures.
reports and paperwork for accuracy. Effectively
- Monitor, analyze, review and evaluate spreadsheets,
communicate and maintain a spirit of cooperation to
insure that the customer and company receive the best
experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 5 to 7 years of customer relationship management
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and customer
(Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Salary of $75,000 or higher depending on background,
skills and experience, plus performance bonus up
to 10 percent. Local candidates preferred, but
relocation allowance may be offered as appropriate.