Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in accounting or business curriculum; college degree preferred; successful completion of First United Bank & Trust Training Program; ability to obtain CSO Certification as assigned by management; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; moderate computer skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; a comprehensive knowledge of all bank forms and documents used in opening new accounts; a working knowledge of bank consumer and small business products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related positions normally required.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the customer service function of a community office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the customer service function of a community office of which the following are illustrative:
a. Completes the documentation and performs point-of-sale processing on all types of new accounts, e.g., loans, deposits, etc.
b. Provides support to office customer service personnel engaged in establishing quantitative customer service and sales objectives on an annual basis as warranted; this activity to be integrated with the office's annual marketing/sales plan.
c. Provides assistance, as requested, to office customer service personnel involved in soliciting new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
d. Provides customer service information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date performance reports.
e. Serves as a member of the office sales team.
f. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to participate in selling in conjunction with these needs.
g. Interview customers to determine and analyze financial needs.
h. Provides direct service to customers of the Bank with respect to deposit products and services; supplies pertinent information on other products and services, e.g., loans, trust, etc., as needed.
i. Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other bank departments as necessary; provides help to customers with specific inquiries or service problems.
j. Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel as warranted when these opportunities are available.
k. Assists with facility management as needed, including security, opening, and closing procedures.
l. Assists with job training, including mentoring and coaching customer service staff as needed.
m. Performs safe deposit box duties as needed.
n. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
7. Performs duties of Customer Service Representative II as needed (see Customer Service Representative II Job Description).
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various locations as assigned
2. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Fax machine
6. Copy machine
7. Coin machine
8. Currency verifier
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
First United Bank and Trust - 12 months ago