Job Id: 173552
Nearest Major Market: GA - Atlanta
Summary: To assist the customer with questions, accurate data entry for invoicing and credits and maintaining accurate files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Heavy phone use to answer customer inquiries and to accept and process orders via computer, from our customers with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency and courtesy.
- Requires a significant amount of computer data entry and navigation
- The ability to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient and professional service is a must.
- Occasional sorting and filing of company documents
- Research product shortages of customer orders from the previous day's shipments; submit documentation to management.
- Inquire, research and provide customer feedback on the status of customer orders, invoices and return authorizations.
- Create return authorizations for items returned or shorted
- Create and expedite "rush" orders (will calls) in a timely manner
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Computer Skills
- Customer Focus
- Delivers Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
The hourly rate for this position is $9.10.
The standard work hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, approximately 25 to 30 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. - Ability to write simple correspondence. - Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. - Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
- Reasoning Ability: - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. - Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems.
- Physical Demands: - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. - The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- System Requirements: - PkMS menu DCAMENU60
S.P. Richards Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Genuine Parts Company (GPC: NYSE), distributes a wide spectrum of business products to office products resellers throughout the U.S. and Canada. These products include consumable office supplies, office furniture, computer supplies, consumer electronics, and janitorial and breakroom supplies from all of the major industry manufacturers. The company operates 39 Distribution Centers in the United States, including 35 full line distribution centers, three furniture only distribution centers, and Horizon USA, our computer supplies and technology business. S.P. Richards also owns S.P. Richards Canada, a Canadian based business products wholesaler, headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. SPR employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits program as part of Genuine Parts Company.
S.P. Richards Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genuine Parts Company
- 3 years ago - save job
S.P. Richards has plenty of parts to play as a genuine office supplier. The subsidiary of Genuine Parts is a leading distributor of office...