Customer Service Rep, Full-Time, Days, Central Business Office
Customer Service Rep
Job Code: 8321
Responsible for receiving patient calls concerning payment of their bill and working towards a prompt resolution of their concerns. Other customers include insurance companies and other INTEGRIS facility department personnel.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Customer Service Representative's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Addresses patient concerns regarding their hospital bill and/or payment-using knowledge of managed care contracts, collections practices, HIPPA regulations, and the insurance billing process.
* Sets payment arrangements with the customer and payroll deductions for employees within established guidelines.
* Ensures accuracy and completeness of account information.
* Analyzes the posting functions to determine if payments and adjustments have been credited correctly. Posts correctons to patient accounts.
* Analyzes financial form, and requests additional information as needed, to determine if patients are eligible for charity.
* Interprets account comments to determine the necessary action to ensure reimbursement from insurance companies and patients.
* Identifies accounts that should be referred to collection agencies, outsourcing companies and supervisors, and makes referral.
* Verifies Medicaid eligibility for billing purposes.
Reports to assigned supervisor
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office conditions.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 1 year previous customer service and/or collection experience
* Must be able to communicate effectively with others in English (verbal/written)
* Proficient at one of three patient accounting processess: billing, insurance resolution follow-up or cash posting.