Primary objective or purpose of this position is to provide quality customer service while managing total account activity such as timely editing and processing of customer orders, quotes, returns and credits for assigned classes of trade/accounts. Position includes responsibility for promptly answering and responding to inbound calls; analyzes and responds to product/order pricing inquiries, complaints, invoice discrepancies, etc.
1. Responsible for answering incoming automatic call distribution (ACD) and internal telephone calls with the response time standard of 3 rings, clearly identifying self while providing courteous and accurate service for all customers.
2. Responsible for timely processing of customer returns, quotes, orders, credits and claims. Edits and verifies orders for accuracy ensuring validity of pricing, dating, and promotions. Performs proactive follow-up to insure timely resolution of all order discrepancies.
3. Assists customers with routine service inquiries/complaints including, but not limited to; order status, order tracing, pricing, promotions, payment terms, shipping and billing problems, product information and availability, etc.
4. Adheres to telephone and fax distribution schedules. Provides backup support for incoming mail distribution, as required; substitute for Customer Service team members in their absence.
5. Strong interpersonal communication skills; maintains a professional, congenial working relationship with all internal and external customers; adheres to and enforces the Customer Service Code of Conduct.
6. Responsible for identifying recurring situations to proactively resolve; escalates unresolved situations to management, as appropriate.
7. Ability to work under pressure; acts independently and exercises good judgement when making decisions; possesses strong organizational skills.
- Provide notifications to accounts, brokers and buyers of backordered items and split shipments, as necessary.
- Monitor daily future order "Worklist" to ensure timely picking and delivery of orders.
- Work closely with accounts to identify and code any unique packing, carrier or shipping requirements to avoid penalty fees.
- Attend training sessions as designated by management.
Minimum Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
3 - 5 years Customer Service experience required.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet Explorer (limited to business use during office hours)
- Strong telephone skills and written communication skills for customer correspondence
- Prior SAP experience preferredBrief Description/Overview:
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 9 months ago