As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
• Maintain a current understanding of the PBGC program processing procedures to respond to numerous PBGC inquiries.
• Provide knowledgeable responses to PBGC inquiries in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
• Respond to PBGC inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters.
• Utilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to PBGC inquiries.
• Maintain appropriate documentation of PBGC inquiries.
• Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal regulations and policies as they apply to particapants.
• Assist with side-by-side mentoring for new employees during training and after training as needed
• Continually look for and suggest process improvements, which will benefit Vangent and our customers (internal and external).
• Report problems that occur and assist with resolution.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• May be required to work some Vangent holidays. Overtime may be required
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Three years customer service experience required.
• Minimum three years experience in a contact center handling inquiries and requests for information.
• Ability to gather information to determine customer needs.
• Proficient in using Microsoft tools and information retrieval systems.
• Proficient in computer and keyboarding skills to accurately and efficiently record and update customer information.
• Must be able to speak English clearly and professionally.
• Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM.
• Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times required.
• Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
• Proven ability to work as a team member is required.
• All PBGC Operations personnel will be required by contract to undergo periodic program update training.
• Regular and Predictable Attendance is Required.
• Security Clearance Required.
Number of Positions
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...