Chippewa Valley Technical College
Customer Service Representative - 5 part-time positions
Business Education Center (Eau Claire), Business Education Center (Eau Claire)
Full Time or Part Time
Union or Non-Union
Level OR Rate
Based upon pay grade G of the support staff salary schedule
Hours Per Week
Varies - please see work schedule.
Position #1: approximately 17.5 hours per week, working 4 – 8pm during weekday evenings and from Saturdays 7:30 am – 1 pm (this position is not eligible for benefits)
Position #2 = approximately 20+ hours per week, working approximately late morning to early evening Monday – Friday
Position #3 = approximately 20+ hours per week, working late morning to early evening – Monday –Friday
Position #4 = approximately 24+ hours per week, working approximately midmorning to early evening Monday – Friday
Position #5 = Approximately 27+ hours per week, working late morning to early evening
However, these positions must have the ability to adjust hours as necessary to meet customer needs. Any of the positions may be asked to work hours not currently listed, schedules subject to change, Saturday hours may be requested sporadically (not regularly).
Pro-rated benefits for positions working 20 or more hours per week on a regular basis.
Position Summary Information
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick leave
Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Customer Services Specialist/Manager, this position is responsible for serving as the first point of contact for telephone, walk-in, and on-line student services customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for telephone, walk-in, and on-line customers for the following Student Services functions: (There is an expectation that customer service representatives will be cross functional in the walk-in center, call center, and virtual center.)
- Academic Records
- Forward requests for transcripts, enrollment verifications, etc., to processing staff.
- Process address and legal name changes.
- Provide general information on student record holds.
- Provide student directory information as requested.
- Provide phone verification of enrollment and/or graduation
- Provide information on program and admission requirements.
- Assist prospective students with application process.
- Mail catalogs, brochures, maps, etc., as requested.
- Sort, log in receipt of, and distribute admissions documents.
- Accept application fee payments.
- Schedule COMPASS assessment appointments.
- Provide information on test cutoff scores for courses and programs.
- Schedule proficiency examinations.
- Financial Aid
- Provide assistance on financial aid application process.
- Inform students on loan entrance/exit counseling process.
- Provide information on missing documents or incomplete information.
- Inform students on location for processing master promissory note.
- Provide information on courses not eligible for financial aid.
- Provide information on Foundation and private scholarship application process.
- Assist students with accessing College portal, Student Information System, e-mail, and other student systems.
- Assist customers with accessing College website.
- Informs customers about the services and resources available at the college.
- Ability to provide cross-functional services to all Student Services teams as requested.
- Perform emergency tasks as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments.
- Register students into classes and create a student record where appropriate.
- Drop students from classes and apply appropriate refunds.
- Provide general information on registration activities to include registration dates and times, withdrawal process, etc.
- Print and mail student schedule/bills.
- Provide assistance on course searches.
- Perform prerequisite overrides as approved by a program counselor.
- Perform closed section overrides as approved by an educational director.
- Accept credit card and cash payments.
- Open up, balance, and close cashiering sessions.
- Provides clerical support to other departments as appropriate.
- Participates in all ongoing training sessions in order to maintain a high level of efficiency in Student Services.
- Contribute to Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) database.
- Relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds
- May direct activities of work study students
- Other Duties as assigned by Manager
Training and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with College staff and students, external customers, and the general public verbally and in writing using proper English grammar, usage, and spelling.
- Experience in providing superior customer service.
- Ability to provide accurate information in a courteous, friendly, concise, and approachable manner.
- Ability to adjust communication techniques to serve diverse populations.
- Ability to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of general office policy and procedures.
- Ability to perform general keyboarding with a minimum of 40 gross words per minute and a minimum of 95% accuracy.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Experience in the operation of office machines such as copiers and scanners.
- Ability to learn College organization, policies, and procedures related to position.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict.
- Ability to problem solve by questioning, organizing, researching, analyzing, processing and interpreting information.
- Experience in a challenging, high volume, multitasking environment.
- Ability to work nonstandard hours as necessary.
- Employment at CVTC is contingent upon successful background check(s).
- One-year technical diploma in Office Specialist or related field required.
- Associates degree in Office Specialist or related field preferred.
- More than two years’ experience in a customer service or professional office setting.
- Or comparable combination of experience and education to prove competencies in the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed.
- In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Use of headset/phone and sitting required for long periods of time.
Unique College Requirements
Final candidates may be asked to complete assessments in customer service, typing, and letter writing either prior to an interview or just after the interview process.
To apply, please visit: https://cvtc.peopleadmin.com/postings/987
Chippewa Valley Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies:
Equal Opportunity Officer, 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6382
Chippewa Valley Technical College delivers superior, progressive technical education which improves the lives of students, meets the workforce needs of the region, and strengthens the larger community.
Chippewa Valley Technical College will be a dynamic community partner dedicated to adding value through learning and student success.
Posting Detail Information
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Chippewa Valley Technical College - 2 years ago