The Customer Service Representative answers calls professionally and courteously as they work on the UCH Call Center console and transfers calls to the appropriate destination. The CSR recognizes emergency, life threatening, and high priority calls and situations, and responds rapidly according to prescribed procedures. The CSR also provides paging services (overhead and ‘beeper’), and messaging functions. S/he will address callers’ concerns and provide correct information and directions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Three or more years experience in using telecommunications systems equipment, familiarity with medical terms preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in using with personal computers; familiarity with Windows application preferred.
- Familiarity with database entry and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain composure under stressful and/or emergency conditions.
- Physical and mental dexterity to function at console.
University of Chicago Medicine - 2 years ago