Farmers is seeking a Customer Service Representative - Billing (Comm Svc Adv) to communicate with internal/external customers about basic underwriting guidelines, policies and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts. Utilizes core competencies and skills to maximize customer experience.
*Work Schedule is Mon - Fri, 11:30am - 8:00pm*
• Analyze, clarify and resolve basic policy and account related questions/transactions from internal and external (minimal) customers. Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary. Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums. Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring that policy transactions are issued and changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Objectively validates information provided for New Business, Endorsements and Renewal transactions.
• Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives.
• Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance/industry related courses/seminars as deemed necessary to expand product/system knowledge. Stays current with relevant product(s).
• Understands and strives to support the organization’s overall strategy.
• Models Farmers Core Values.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Business Results: Ability to meet individual performance metrics and goals.
• Innovation: Accepts innovation and improvement recommendations.
• Communication: Acceptable verbal and written communication skills.
• Job Knowledge: Basic billing, Underwriting guidelines and policy processing.
• Team Work: Accepts feedback when offered and works well with others.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking reaching, pushing and pulling, speaking, reading and writing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1 year customer service/call center experience required
•Insurance experience is a plus
Special Skills Requirements
• Typing skills.
• Basic PC skills including knowledge of management information and business systems (Word, Excel).
• Detail oriented and accurate.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Basic conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Team oriented and a consistent commitment to excellence.
Farmers Insurance Group - 9 months ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...