Customer Service Representative - Call Center
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
The work location for this position is Colorado Springs, CO.
Under general supervision, this position works with new students and is responsible for conducting student financial interviews, financial options counseling, and intake processing to ensure complete and accurate financing of student educational expenses. Perform needs analysis, provide financing documents, and generate tentative award letters for all new students enrolling into the institution’s program. Process all forms in accordance with State/Federal regulations and Company policies and procedures. This position serves as a liaison between Admissions and Student Finance. Observe and adhere to all Company polices and best practices. Exercise limited judgment and discretion in decision-making; a majority of problem solving is based upon following standard practices and procedures.
• Conduct preliminary financing interviews with new students.
• Provide students with accurate information regarding application process, loan counseling and their eligibility for State/Federal financial assistance, alternative financing, contracts and/or institutional payment plans.
• Inform students of their financial obligation, the institution’s financial aid options, and financial policies and procedures as related to their educational expenses.
• Determine Title IV eligibility through an approved needs analysis Financial Aid software system for students requesting Financial Aid.
• Advise students of their obligation to provide accurate information and the potential consequences related to their application and funding process.
• Review financial applications and disclosure statements for completeness and accuracy.
• Track and maintain file intake completion throughout the enrollment process for all students interested in applying for financial aid, and update approved tracking system for new applications and missing documents to allow for timely follow up and completion in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Update appropriate systems to ensure the timely processing, funding, billing and collections of the package selected.
• Monitor and follow up on the status of all pending student loan documents (federal, state or credit) in order to maintain an accurate accounting of each student’s financial aid package through first disbursement.
• Provide customer service and answer student inquiries regarding financial status.
• Attend and successfully complete all training for this position, as required at any time by the Company.
• May participate in new student orientations, as applicable.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Decision Making: Displays willingness to make decisions
• Communication: Effectively communicates with others
• Time Management: Is able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
• Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
• Accuracy: Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
• Minimum 1 year customer service, sales or financial services experiences
• Experience in a call center environment preferred
• High school diploma required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
• Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Behaviors
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis, including evenings and weekends
• Must pass background check and credit verification
United States-CO-Colorado Springs
Corinthian Colleges - 17 months ago
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...