Job ID 14643.
This is a processing customer service rep position in our Claims department.
Support sales of fixed and variable annuity and life insurance products by delivering exceptional customer service at all times in alignment with the strategic goal to be a market leader in customer service delivery. Will be responsible for performing one or more of the following depending upon which specific department you are in.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Process a variety of tasks associated with annuity and/or life insurance applications
- Process incoming, outgoing, and return mail and document scanning for automated workflow and image storage.
- Process complex changes to existing policies and research duplicate statement problems.
- Process incoming internal and external telephone requests for information and service.
- Process changes to existing policies as well as processing duplicate statements.
- Process, research and resolve complex problems related to the various applications, 1035 exchanges and qualified transfers.
- Process, research and resolve problems related to distributions, systematic payouts; and process complex death claims.
- Respond to policyholder and agent inquiries, process complex service requests, and research problems.
- Process/review commissions; and research and resolve commission, licensing, appointment, and termination problems.
- Assess quality of calls and processed transactions and provide constructive feedback.
- Compliance with both IMSA Code of Ethics and SEC regulations that require variable financial transactions be processed the same day received.
2-4 years customer service and/or office experience, preferably in insurance or a related field. Advanced education preferred. In-depth understanding of fixed/variable annuity and life insurance concepts, as well as variable processing knowledge. Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Skills Advantage Work Ready Certificate, Opt.
Success factors include:
Outgoing personality with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences. Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to adjust to changes in schedule, while meeting time-sensitive service level standards and deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and problem resolution skills. Actively seeking knowledge through LOMA/AAPA programs.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
The start date is January 7, 2013. The starting salary range is $12-14/hr.
This position has incentive opportunity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, or any other basis protected by law.
When necessary, Transamerica Life Insurance Company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position.
Transamerica Corporation is a financial service organization, which is engaged primarily through its subsidiaries in life insurance,...