Responsible for receiving inbound telephone calls and accomplishing all tasks necessary to complete the referral or other requests including but not limited to insurance authorization, scheduling, providing feedback to multiple customers and completing documentation. Additionally, manages all inbound and outbound calls supported by the call center and takes appropriate action according to established departmental policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the goals and scope of the call center.
High School or GED
Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a related position is required/preferred.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED
Employee is expected to perform most duties independently and in accordance with established policies and procedures. The supervisor of this position will provide support and general guidance.
Must be able to lift and carry 15–25 pounds, reach and stretch above and below shoulder level. Must be able to tolerate long periods of sitting. Some pushing/pulling, stooping/kneeling/bending required. Frequent need for hearing acuity, eye/hand/finger dexterity, eye/foot coordination, etc. Must be able to handle medium level of stress. Requires corrected hearing and vision (including color) to within functional ranges.
MAJOR ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports the vision and strategy of the call center and positively promotes the services.
2. Performs call center functions at or above service standards.
3. Promotes customer service attitude and builds working relationships with internal and external customers.
4. Communicates with tact and diplomacy with internal and external parties to resolve customer inquiries and/or complete job responsibilities.
5. Elevates issues to Call Center Lead that cannot be resolved.
6. Follows established policies and procedures.
7. Works with Call Center Lead to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of center.
8. Other duties as assigned.
METHODS AND TECHNIQUES:
While not exclusive, the following list is meant to describe general work practices.
· Promotes and maintains system security, patient confidentiality and business confidentiality.
· Adheres to the HCA policies and complies with the Code of Conduct.
· Maintains and contributes to a professional and ethical work environment.
· Actions positively contribute to team environment.
· Actively participates in team meetings and engages in the processes of the call center.
· Strives to meet or exceed standards and accepts constructive feedback.
· Receives inbound calls and completes service requested.
· Documents all call transactions in applicable system in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintains and builds professional relations between the call center and all customers.
· Must possess good judgment and tact in handling all types of calls.
· Conducts investigation and research to resolve customer inquiries.
· Appropriately involves call center lead as necessary in day-to-day problem resolution.
· Must be able to complete tasks independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrates proficiency with software required to perform tasks.
· Utilizes software as required to complete tasks.
initiative to constantly learn about e-Centaurus and other software and shares new knowledge.
· Actively provides input on software issues to call center lead.
· Embraces software training and feedback on use.