*THIS IS A PART-TIME BENEFITS ELIGIBLE POSITION WITH A WORK SCHEDULE OF MONDAY - FRIDAY, 1:00PM – 5:00PM*
Farmers New World Life is seeking a Customer Service Representative (Life Cust Svc Adv) to provide excellence in customer service to policyholders, agents and other Company associates in person, by telephone, fax, and email; analyzes inquiries and other non-routine or complex correspondence; maintains a working knowledge of all Farmers Life products, services, and procedures.
• Responsible for answering inquiries on all Farmers Life products, services, and procedures; provides detailed policy information such as policy status, application status, underwriting requirements, delivery requirements, policy changes, policy values, and billings.
• Handles requests and complaints from policyholders, agents and Company associates via telephone, written correspondence, email, or in person.
• Analyzes inquiries to determine appropriate action and ensures satisfactory completion by routing to other service departments for required handling and follow through if necessary.
• Monitors department voicemails and emails; provides reply within 24 hours.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Farmers Life products, established rules and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Audits, reconciles, and corrects suspense account and general ledger entries and referrals.
• Verifies production change s by utilizing the administration system and on-line reports.
• Provides policy contract information to policy holders, agents and other departments; calculates and provides policy values and policy accounting information. Inputs workload data to spreadsheets, or other established reporting system daily.
• Responsible for positive contribution to Customer Experience Expectation results.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Type at least 40 WPM and have basic desktop computer skills.
• Provide professional, courteous and friendly customer service, adapt to changing needs and retain information.
• Able to multi-task with phone calls while processing and documenting work.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
• Possess great attitude, wants to learn and be a go-getter.
• Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years call center customer service experience preferred.
• Life insurance knowledge a plus.
Special Skills Requirements
Verbal and written communication skills.
Farmers Insurance Group - 6 months ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...