Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum; successful completion of First United Bank & Trust CSR Training Program; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; proficient eye-hand coordination; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: Previous customer service related experience preferred.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the community office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the community office of which the following are illustrative:
a. Greets and serves customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
b. Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
c. Accepts and processes deposits of various account types.
d. Cashes checks within approved authority and operating policy.
e. Sells Cashiers Checks.
f. Completes CTR reports for multiple transactions or for transactions of $10,000 or more in cash.
g. Processes loan payments, and other related payments.
h. Processes night deposits and mail deposits.
i. Maintains branch cash vault.
j. Maintains an approved level of cash; turns in excess and mutilated cash.
k. Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately and efficiently on a daily basis.
l. Prepares reports relating to the function, e.g., currency transaction, BSA reports, etc.
m. Processes daily work on Branch Capture for transmission to corporate office.
n. Maintains supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control; orders coin and currency for branch as needed
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
2. May be required to provide support in non-paying and receiving activities, e.g., new accounts, loans, etc.
3. May be required to balance and/or service ATM machines.
4. May be required to verify coin for vault cash control purposes.
5. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various locations as assigned
3. Copy machine
4. Fax machine
5. PC/Computer keyboard
7. Currency/Coin machines
8. Branch Capture equipment
9. Cash Advance equipment
10. ATM machines
12. Currency verifier
13. Combination lock
14. Check cutter
15. Office doors & security equipment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free