The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering incoming calls from customers while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
- Respond to complex customer calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Physician assignments
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Provide excellent customer service
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 NAC form SF86 .
- 1 year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1 year of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Available to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Groupâ€™s contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf , (the National Agency Check or â€œNACâ€). Successful completion of the NAC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NAC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NAC approval will result in termination from this role.
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
UnitedHealth Military & Veterans Services is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across the US health care system.
We serve those who serve our nation, providing quality health care services to millions of military beneficiaries across the South.
Our commitment to helping people live healthier lives, and to continue the honor, satisfaction, and quality of the TRICARE military health benefit program is greater than ever. Our efforts complement the Military Health System to demonstrate the best blend of public and private health care solutions.
Itâ€™s not just business as usual. It is one of our proudest endeavors.
If youâ€™re ready to help make health care work better for those who serve our nation. If you are smart, creative, and committed. If you want to make a difference consider being part of the elite team at UnitedHealth Military & Veterans Services .
This is an opportunity to share in something special; a chance for all of us to serve, to excel, and to know that weâ€™ve made a difference for those families who have made our nation stronger.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 18 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...