UALR Functional Title
Customer Service Specialist / P98166
Small Business & Tech Develop Ctr
The Customer Service Specialist in the Lead Center reports to the MIS Coordinator and is responsible for external customer service and internal staff support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a high level of customer service by identifying customer needs and matching them to the appropriate ASBTDC services and assisting them with ASBTDC resources and seminars based on the agency’s administrative directives, policies and procedures to ensure consistency of service.
- Responding to inquiries about small business start-up issues.
- Assist clients in utilizing print and electronic resources in the ASBTDC Library.
- Assist with training program management including logistical issues and registration.
- Office management duties.
- Assist the MIS Coordinator with internal projects necessary for efficient office operations.
- Compiles and sends informational packets to customers personalized to their specific needs.
- Manages training participant registrations and payments, compiles financial information for deposits, and prepares and processes required training program documentation to meet federal agency guidelines.
- Utilizes Center EX, the organization’s management information system to complete training tasks described above and assists with specific data maintenance in MIS , including routine checks for duplicates, clearing of exceptions, and training documentation.
- Assists in preparing correspondence, reports and information related to ASBTDC programs and services.
- Answers a multi-line telephone, provides customer service, provides information and assistance directly to customers, and directs customers to appropriate internal and external services.
- Assists customers in using ASBTDC Library resources and website resources.
- Assists with mailings for the organization, prioritizes incoming information for distribution and distributes daily mail.
- Assists staff with office machines, orders supplies, schedules repairs when needed, and communicates costs to accountant and supervisor.
- Makes recommendations for and assists with revising the ASBTDC Policies and Procedures Manual as needed to provide a high level of internal customer service throughout the statewide network.
- Responsible for office management including receptionist desk, ordering and maintaining office supplies, scheduling maintenance on machines.
- Provides support to various organizational activities and programs, as requested by the management staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in order to accomplish the goals and mission of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Experience answering a multi-line telephone and transferring calls.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word.
- Experience using an MIS system.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education or a related field; plus three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
01 - Criminal/Financial
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Daily, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Moderate Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 18 months ago