The Customer Service Specialist role is to provide administrative follow-up on dispatched service requests to ensure that customer expectations are met on each service call. In addition, this position will update service tickets, call logs, follow-up with technicians and customers, file necessary documents, and help maintain client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION S
- Works with customers and service technicians as appropriate to resolve issues and to ensure successful customer implementations.
- Coordinate and manage service calls.
- Attach all necessary paperwork to complete tickets and track core returns on parts.
- Work diligently to get all required parts returned either to PPT or to the appropriate Vendor.
- Maintain cultural sensitivity when dealing with customers and coworkers.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all callers.
- When needed, answer incoming calls and respond to customers requests according to protocol.
- Perform additional, related responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain knowledge of PPT business objectives and be capable of achieving assigned objectives within the boundaries of allotted time and resources .
- Maintain an awareness of additional business opportunities and work closely with the business development staff to pursue identified opportunities .
Job Description – Customer Service Specialist (Continued)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must posse s s dynamic customer service skills
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail · A positive attitude is a must · Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision · Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook · Ability to operate a computer and applicable software packages
Work is performed in an office environment. Position requires almost exclusive work using a telephone and computer.
Any combination equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 2 y ears of help desk e xperience
- At least 2 y ears of information technology customer service e xperience
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.