The Customer Service Specialist role interacts with customers on a daily basis to sell replacement parts for Drilling Systems equipment. This position has responsibility for a select product range of LTDSI equipment and must ensure Recommended Parts Lists are current for each piece of that equipment, including pricing. This role interacts with Inventory Control to ensure adequate parts are in inventory to support that range of selected equipment. This role also has a select range of customers to service and will make regular personal calls on those select customers to ensure LTI service levels exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are essential. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
- Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company’s HSE policies.
- Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Promotes safe working practices in the global LTI workplace and provides direction where necessary to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all staff, contractors and visitors.
- Has good working knowledge of LTDSI products and is able to identify all working parts.
- Can read and understand electronic parts manuals in order to determine replacement part numbers. Can interpret a customer request for parts into part numbers, based on equipment model and serial number and description of the parts.
- Has good working knowledge of LTDSI computerized inventory and parts order system. Enters customer parts order data into the electronic inventory system, preparing and checking customer parts quotations and entering customer parts orders.
- Understands LTDSI’s parts pricing policy and can assist Inventory Control and Parts management in correctly pricing parts for entry into the company’s inventory system.
- Understands the company’s parts distribution and warehouse system. Assists in stock take activities where required.
- Works with Engineering Department to advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Follows company procedures on customer credit, including payment before release of parts where required. Does not apply parts pricing discounts unless authorized to do so.
- Assists co-workers to process customer quotation requests daily and ensures all customers purchase orders are completed daily. Job Requirements/ Qualifications Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is essential; or two to five years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations
Tools, Technology and Equipment
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Knowledge of Infor XA preferred, but experience with a computerized inventory system including data entry, customer order entry, pick slip generation and invoicing is essential.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as parts manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must have good mathematical skills - ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong interpersonal skills is required.
Cameron - 13 months ago
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...