The starting hourly wage for this position is $10.18
HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
- This is a variable time position and requires the applicant to have a very flexible schedule. Applicants need to be able to work early mornings, afternoons, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The first 4-5 weeks of paid training will be full-time hours. Afterwards, the position will be variable time, approximately 10hrs per week (possibly more depending on the station's needs).
- Provide frontline customer service to our passengers
- Work directly with passengers in ticket purchases, passenger check-in and flight boarding involving the heavy use of a computer based reservation program (IMAGE)
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions - duties include baggage and cargo handling, aircraft marshaling, and aircraft deicing
- Select locations may perform reservations functions
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Previous customer service experience required
- Bilingual strongly preferred (Spanish/English)
- Friendly, knowledgeable and polite in all situations
- Keyboard proficiency required
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong diplomacy and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds required
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematics required
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include weekends and holidays required
- Strong ability to listen and respond effectively to repetitive questions
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- If selected, ability to attend 7 day training in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR required
The location for this position is in Pasco, Washington
Please apply on or before: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18TH.
Internet Explorer 8 or above, running on Windows, is the browser that is strongly recommended to successfully submit your application. If you choose to use another browser, your application may not come through successfully.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....