TechSmith develops industry-leading software products that help people capture information and present it back in exciting and creative ways. As a Customer Solutions Engineer for the Academic Solutions Team, youâ€™ll be a lead technical resource performing pre and post-sales activities for Education customers (K12, Higher Education, etc). Youâ€™ll be responsible for performing high-quality demonstrations, being an expert in all of our products, assisting the sales and support teams with technical issues, and providing feedback to the product teams.
What Youâ€™ll Be Doing:
Required Skills and Background:
- Being an expert
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all TechSmith products
- Be able to act as a consultant and answer technical questions from customers, prospects, partners and coworkers
- Craft solutions that meet customer requirements focused on the Education segment
- Communicating with the world
- Present TechSmith products and solutions through webinars, videos, trade shows, conference calls and other forms of communication with our customers
- Identify common customer requirements and communicate them with TechSmith development
- Identify and develop customer case studies, showcasing customer success stories with TechSmith products
- Being an effective teammate
- Proactively perform activities to build the skills of your teammates
- Work with teammates to help them present customers with effective solutions
- Making TechSmith Successful
- Work with the Academic Solutions sales team to meet and exceed all business objectives
- Work with Education customers to make sure that they are completely satisfied with TechSmith solutions
- Work with other departments to ensure that our products meet current and future requirements of the marketplace
Compensation and Perks:
Compensation is competitive, and is based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer a fun and casual environment where you can wear jeans every day, drink free pop, and enjoy company sponsored events. Please submit salary requirements along with your resume and cover letter.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multitask
- Experience in giving technical presentations, demonstrations, etc.
- Experience in selling software or technical products
- 3+ years of technical experience working with Education customers a plus (either working directly in the Education environment or selling to/supporting Education customers)
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Some travel required
- Job is based in Okemos, Michigan (Lansing area)
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
TechSmith Corporation was founded in 1987 and is located in Okemos, Michigan. TechSmith provides practical business software tools to...