Comtech Xicom Technology in Santa Clara, CA is seeking a Customer Support Administrator- RMA
Job Summary: Responsibilities include: Interfacing with customers, sales and service representatives to handle a variety of post-sales service and support functions; working with the RMA Coordinator and CSR within the order process for RMAs and After-market sales & support; providing status reports of equipment returns, repairs, replacements & service orders to customers; and maintaining records of returns and after-market sales orders. Processing purchase orders received from sales staff and customers; completing order sheets while checking the price and quantity of each item listed; coordinating with multiple departments as necessary regarding order status; shipping dates, export compliance, prices, product availability and back orders; and maintaining customer files with sales contracts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations.
- Respond to and process all customer orders.
- Communication and problem resolution with manufacturing, operations, purchasing, materials, customers, sales representatives & service centers.
- Interacting with manufacturing, operations, and sales departments to ensure proper and timely fulfillment of all orders.
- Resolve customer problems relating to shipping & receiving.
- Process and send all functional acknowledgments, advance ship notices and Electronic Data Interchange invoices.
- Resolve warranty claims issues for customers, issue & process RMA numbers for In and Out of Warranty repairs.
- Prepare and issue statements of accounts receivables to the appropriate account manager(s) as needed.
- Generate export invoices and related export paperwork, and assure federal export compliance with ITAR.
- Expedite shipments of spare parts orders and RMAs.
- Process RMA receipts/shipments & spare parts shipments.
- Interface with buyer/planners, production, test technicians, and stockroom on spares orders.
- Fill spares order pick lists from the manufacturing floor and stock room for delivery to Inspection/Shipping.
- Interface with freight forwarders and distributors regarding status of export shipments.
- Coordinate international shipping requirements, resolve problems as necessary.
- General clerical tasks (filing, data entry, typing correspondence).
- Other duties and responsibilities when required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Outlook. Expandable ERP preferred.
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
Education and/or Experience:
- Superior customer service skills, including written skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with customers in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Detail orientation and ability to effectively follow-up and follow-through on customer issues.
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems, or other types of Database software/programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Associates degree or a BS/BA degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- At least five (5) years of customer support and/or sales support experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a technical customer service environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud .
Comtech Xicom is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer