We have a place on our team for the tech obsessed geek all the way up to the Linux elite. Compassion and awesomeness are your keys to success! Our customers are located in time zones all over the place, so if you’re a night owl...even better.
This position offers a starting pay rate of $16/hour plus a differential of $1.25 for overnight shifts.
- Gather information needed to best handle customer technical inquiries
- Resolve software and technical questions for customers efficiently and effectively
- Perform root cause analysis and determine appropriate course of action
- Identify trends and issues with our services and alerting supervisor
- Contribute to the knowledge base via technical and process support documentation
- Partner with Customer Service team members on strategic projects
- Join forces with others and own outcomes
- Brag to your friends about how AWESOME your job is
- General working knowledge of computers, internet, and email
- Demonstrated success in customer service
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
- CRAZY good at multitasking - you will be handling multiple online chats at once
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate technical concepts
- Well-versed in the subtleties of chat/email/phone etiquette
- Attention to detail in written communication with customers
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
- Basic understanding of DNS, POP/IMAP, and FTP for troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of web hosting
- Sales chops
About (mt) Media Temple
(mt) Media Temple is a web hosting and virtualization service provider. For years, we’ve taken complex technology and simplified it for the everyday website owner. Since 1998, we have provided businesses around the world with reliable, professional-class services to host websites, email, business applications, and other rich Internet content.
We value our employees and are proud to have an award-winning culture that offers generous benefits, including Free-Loader Lunches , Bagel Mondays , Ping-Pong Battles and Movie Nights . A long with all the other things, we offer competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401(k); and unique paid time off plans. And yes, even Rover is welcome at work! These are just some of the ways we’ve become one of “LA’s Best Places to Work” for two years in a row.
(mt) Media Temple, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At (mt) Media Temple, we're in the business of hosting great ideas. We're also in the business of building great careers! Isn't this where you really want to be? Apply today!