The primary responsibilities include:
• assisting store and corporate personnel with hardware and software application problems over the phone
• monitoring for system and software application alerts and taking appropriate actions, and
• resolving problems for computer systems which require interacting with service vendors and other Information Systems associates.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• professional telephone etiquette
• ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• ability to manage multiple tasks
• ability to handle a high volume of work accurately with frequent interruptions
• excellent verbal and written communications skills
• ability to work varying shifts and weekends
• excellent attendance and punctuality record
• good human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and to be a team member)
• enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work and a
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
• prior working experience with one or more of the following systems:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Retalix StoreLine POS / Office Staff or Accounting
- People Planner
- DSD Receiving
- Pharmacy / Linux / PDX
- Production Planning (Bakery or Grocery)
- Intermec handheld
- ATM Units
- Service Center
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
· Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
· An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
· 401(k) retirement savings plan
· Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
· Group dental plan
· Group vision plan
· Sick pay
· Long-term disability insurance
· Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vacation pay
· Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
· Paycheck direct deposit
· Credit union
· Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
· 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Shift hours will be discussed in depth at the time of the interview.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
Publix - 17 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...