Agfa HealthCare Corporation has an exciting opportunity for an IT Customer Support Engineer.
The main focus of this role is to provide expert remote support for multiple Agfa software products to our Agfa and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) support partners on mission critical products and systems in the healthcare environment. Support provided is a problem solving approach with a blend of customer service, technical expertise and the understanding of the customer’s system expectations.
The incumbent is considered a global subject-matter expert and can independently combine strong technical skills relevant to the focus areas, advanced communication skills and strong knowledge of production processes to facilitate highly complex customer issues. In order to succeed, the incumbent derives a strong motivation from facilitation of long-term improvements of a broad scope. Ability to work outside normal hours.
This position may be based out of the following location(s) and surrounding area:
Leads, diagnoses and troubleshoots complex, multi-level or ambiguous information, specifically focused on high severity or high profile site issues, from incoming calls, providing remote support services to end-users, technicians and Technical and Field Support personnel and establishing Global Support cases.
Collects information about customer cases in initial call in accordance with departmental procedures, and follows up for additional information with resources as required.
Assesses current case situations, including the review of complex technical issues, identifying in-house support resources, and tracking case information in compliance with global quality and departmental procedures.
Communicates complex technical issues and customer concerns or problems to other Global and Technical Support team members, as well as members of Development team, translating technical information, results and proposals back to customers at the level of technical complexity required for understanding.
Manage priorities, expectations and facilitate negotiations between various parties involved in projects whenever issues, problems or conflicting priorities arise.
Establishes, builds and improves customer relationships through the case management process.
Reviews case assessments and status to determine the necessary direction and escalation protocols. Independently acts on these protocols and advises Global Support Network Leadership as to the direction and escalation protocols that were taken for the situation.
Escalates problems, as needed, on behalf of the customer to appropriate technical resources, coordinating global interaction between other Global Support Network (GSN) staff and third party vendors.
Manages problem resolution, updating case documentation and communicating case updates to management, technical resources and customers.
Manages internal and external projects, leads components of the project team, coordinates the work of internal and external technical resources, facilitates the exchange of information.
Manages assigned departmental initiatives such as media recoveries, cache corruption cases and other special projects as required, in order to maintain satisfactory customer relationships, and resolve outstanding cases.
Manages field-testing activities for sustaining engineering releases with established client group.
Identifies service and support sales opportunities, providing information to customers and appropriate Agfa contacts.
Attends product-training courses and maintain an expert working knowledge of targeted products solutions.
Training and Leadership
Advises Global Support Specialists on priority cases, analyzing and determining root cause of technical support cases.
Offers advice and recommendations to resolve escalated customer issues and manage the problem resolution process.
- Degree or Diploma in a technological field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years previous work experience in a technical customer support role in a high-tech company or in a high volume call centre environment
- Expert knowledge of networking and operating systems (UNIX and Windows), databases (Oracle and SQL), remote connectivity, security and image processing.
- Previous knowledge of Agfa software or like products, and a demonstrated capability to learn
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, Lotus Notes and Intranet based knowledge management
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience adapting to change
- Strong customer service orientation, interacting with both internal and external customers
- Previous experience working in a global environment (networking and building relationships with individuals in remote locations)
- Previous experience with HIS/RIS systems, hospital workflow, digital imaging or archiving
- Excellent understanding of the Technical Services business, product launch process and health care environment
- Must be eligible to travel to customer sites
- Experience with and understanding of HL7 or DICOM
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented, committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there.
Learn more about Agfa HealthCare and follow us on Twitter .
Agfa HealthCare Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Based in Wilmington, Mass. with regional offices in the U.K., Japan and China, Agfa Monotype specializes in fonts and font technologies for...