KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com .
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
The Customer Support Engineer 3 (CSE) is primarily responsible for customer service activities that are associated with updating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing highly complex capital equipment at customer sites and trade shows. The Customer Service Engineer represents the company to the customer and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with service. The CSE assures the operational quality of the system equipment and coordinates actions with customers to minimize down time and may provide assistance to Installation Engineers in resolving problems.
Evaluates, analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots technical equipment problems via telephone or at customer site. Ensures equipment enhances customer production. Repairs and modifies equipment at customer facility. Evaluates equipment to determine type and extend of problem. Repairs involve board problems which can be performed using standard procedures as well as system level problems which have multiple causes and no standard procedures exist. Repair of system level problems are based on CSE's technical knowledge, education and training. Board problems vs. system level problems are split 50/50. In analyzing and diagnosing equipment problems, CSE's may access and determine problem exists in customer process such as chemical leaks or contamination and as a result may recommend shutdown of customer fab due to unsafe conditions. Prepares field service reports on customer support activity and provides documentation to other supporting functions supporting functions on re-occurring problems. Prepares quotes for customers based on labor, travel expenses incurred and parts needed. CSE's use discretion and assist regional admin in preparing quotes based on reason for equipment failure, time to prepare etc.Cross trains and assists other field service engineers as appropriate. Provides guidance and technical assistance to Installation Engineer on installations at customer sites or on installing/dismantling demonstration machines.
The nature of work requires that CSE's work independently; only occasionally requiring guidance from management. CSE's are required to contact management on a daily basis (at least twice each day in a down tool sit.) to report activities. CSE's spend part of their time in the office resolving equipment problems via phone and at least 50% of time at customer site.
Contribute to the Capturing, Re-use, Collaboration, and Improvement of knowledge using available systems.
Clean room environment experience a plus
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems in software and electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of computer theory, various operating systems and applicable operating system software knowledge, Networking in a Windows, Unix or Novell environment.
- Basic automation functionality on assigned equipment set. Develops technical proficiency in
- Preventive Maintenance (PM) aspects of assigned equipment set.
- PM work can be done with instruction of a manager or senior engineer.
- Must successfully complete ongoing technical training to acquire a thorough knowledge of company equipment, the application of diagnostic techniques and practical application of service aids.
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required.
- Attainment of Certification Level 2 or PM Training. Basic proficiency in systems level repair of a product within a family is required.
- Semiconductor industry process knowledge, required to take the KT class for Introduction to semiconductor processes.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills in understanding customer needs. Ability to work under pressure and stringent timelines since the system is down for service and may effect customer manufacturing area.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in software and electronic systems.
- BSEE/BSET or equivalent work experience in supporting complex capital equipment for the semiconductor industry. Typically 2-4 years within the semiconductor industry.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience OR
Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor - 22 months ago
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...