Innovative and creative professional will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of user experience designers, visual designers and product managers committed to developing innovative, easy-to-use, best-of-breed next-generation weather applications. The Senior User Experience Designer will provide mentorship and direction to members of the design team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Training
- Develop and iterate user interaction concepts through wireframe mockups, storyboards, and/or prototypes (paper and/or online).
- Design user interface details, including creating wireframe mockups and writing detailed user interaction functional specifications for new functionality and behaviors. Maintain and update design specifications during development.
- Track progress and work with Designers and Product Managers to resolve design challenges.
- Work with development, product managers, marketing, and customers to evaluate, prioritize and clarify requirements and future enhancements.
- Work closely with development on implementation issues and resolve all questions of software behavior.
- Evaluate, identify and implement relevant industry standards, best practices into WSI products and the development process.
- Embed design processes into the product development life cycle. Will identify and recommend process improvements.
- Lead the usability testing/user research activities and establish and evangelize user interface guidelines and design patterns.
- Will work on multiple projects at once.
- All other job responsibilities as deemed critical to the job.
Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred, in Human Factors, User Interaction Design, Information Design, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years experience as an interaction designer or user interface designer
- Experience designing interactive applications for Windows, Web and mobile platforms.
- Experience in user research including formal usability testing.
- Experience in developing User Models and application designs from initial concept to product release.
- Experience with all flavors of user-centered design methodologies and processes including:
- Development of customer use cases and extraction of requirements.
- Diagramming of business processes and interaction flows.
- Design and implementation of usability studies.
- Track record of being a strong project team leader and a go-to person.
- Strong writing and presentation skills as well as demonstrable visual communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with other design professionals as well as developers.
- Experience creating wireframe mockups using Visio or similar products
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines. Project estimation skills.
- Weather industry knowledge a real plus.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Normal office environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Working in a confined area
- Using a keyboard to enter, retrieve or transform words or data
- Lifting and/or carrying objects 20-50 pounds
- Climbing ladders, scaffolding, and the like.
- Working alone with limited interaction with other personnel
Please, email your resume, cover letter, salary expectations to email@example.com . Please, put code: SUID-25 in the subject line.
- 2 years ago - save job