• Handle all Country of Origin issues.
• Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with ZF border brokers and suppliers.
• Collect and issue NAFTA Certificates.
• Review all NAFTA Certificates that are issued by ZF Plants and Vendors
• Maintain and update NAFTA and Country of Origin data in Customs systems.
• Ensure compliance with NAFTA regulations.
• Determine HTSUS classifications of components and raw materials.
• Support sourcing/supply chain personnel in the areas of import and export shipping.
• Provide daily import/export operational guidance to the various business units in North America.
• Determine (HTSUS) Harmonize Tariff Schedule classifications for raw materials and finished goods.
• Research and analyze products for qualification for free trade agreements (e.g. NAFTA, US-Chile, US-Korea).
• Handle NAFTA solicitations, qualification and record keeping.
• Audit NAFTA certificates and communicate findings to all parties for compliance requirements.
• Respond to requests for information from the Customs Brokers.
• Manage the Customs systems and database.
• Identify potential savings with non-dutiable parts.
• Maintaining NAFTA certificates and manufactures affidavits for all ZF plants.
• Standard operating procedure review.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• 3+ years of logistics/supply chain experience
• Extensive background in tariff classification as well as country of origin issues
• Proven interpersonal/communication skills and a written/verbal command of the English language
• Written/verbal command of the English language
• Ability to work independently without daily oversight
• Must be proficient at Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• BS or BA degree
• Spanish language skills
Are you interested?
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!
ZF Friedrichshafen - 17 months ago