Position Title |
Cutting Pre-Make Ready
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Assure efficient operation of the die-makeready room
• Impact incoming dies, prepare dies, stripping components and blanking components for cutter make readies
• Assist cutting crew with makereadies and troubleshooting
• Perform various other assignments as required, such as training, assigning jobs, determining crew needs, etc.
• Safe work environment with accident rates under the plant goals for LWDIR and OIR
• Meet the highest level of equipment production uptime
• Responsible for the total quality and efficient operation of the die makeready room
• Be able to perform all of the duties of the Cutter Operator and the Feeder
• Perform all quality test and ensure that all ISO procedures are followed
• Actively participate in the preventative maintenance program
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the die cutting trade or running a die cutter in the folding carton industry
• Ability to read materials to understand and apply content such as instruction manuals, procedure manuals or assembly manuals
• Ability to compose or modify text to communicate basic information while little need for analysis as might be required in the preparation of simple correspondence or standard reports
• Ability to perform advanced mathematics such as calculation of percentages, proportions or rates
• Ability to solve problems in situations where most problems have occurred before the incumbent is familiar with their solutions - the problems are somewhat routine, and solutions are based on past practices
• Ability to make decisions that are short-range and usually affect only a small group or work team
• Ability to complete tasks as assigned by others with occasional directions
• Ability to supervise work within a unit, provide recommendations on performance evaluations, hiring, and disciplinary actions to a higher level manager
• Ability to communicate to explains or interpret well-defined business issues or procedures, following established patterns
JOB WILL INVOLVE THE ABILITY TO
• Perform continuous standing and walking
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Frequent lifting, climbing and grasping
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...