Job Title: Cyber Analyst - Mid
Work Location: CO Springs, CO
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience
Clearance: Active TS
You must be a US Citizen to apply to this position.
Education: Bachelor's degree (work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
Certification: IA Technician (IAT) Level II (Must have at least one of the following certifications): Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or CompTIA Security+, or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), or Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP) System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Shift/Schedule: Ability to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends as required;
The services required for this position include providing non-personal services in support of Advisory and Assistance (A&AS) Services support for HQs NORAD & USNORTHCOM (NC) J6 which includes TNCC Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense (IA/CND) operations conducting 24X7 support required for N-NC Headquarters, service components, Joint Task Forces, and their mission partners in the areas of: Computer Network Defense (CND), Information Assurance (IA), Information Technology (IT) services, information exchange, information sharing efforts, net-centric operations, and command and control and communications processes and solutions in support of IT C4 systems operations and assessments, for information synchronization and network operations (NetOps). Support will include developing and integrating of operational tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) internal and external to N-NC; Playbooks; Development of Theater Net-Centric Strategies; NetOps situational awareness operations; and NetOps Concept of Operations (CONOPS); and conducting analysis on all issues associated with and required for situational awareness of N-NC systems, networks and services.
Required Skills: The work will require expertise, practical operational analysis experience, and technical support in:
- Operations of the Host Based Security System (HBSS) baseline, a flexible, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS)-based application;
- Working with N-NC J6 to ensure the HBSS solutions attached to each host (server, desktop, and laptop) in DoD are operational for data retrieval for addresses of known exploit traffic using Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and host firewalls;
- Performing monitoring, detecting, and through data retrieval, countering against known cyber-threats to Department of Defense (DoD) Enterprise;
- Directing scans using Anomaly Detection Tool (ADT) or other relevant scanning capabilities available. Compile legible results interrupting the Symantec Security Information Manager (SSIM) software or equivalent capability and report/brief their findings;
- Using HBSS and other tools/capabilities available to validate Command IA policy
S4 Inc. offers challenging projects, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k), and universal time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. S4 participates in the E-Verify employment verification program. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position, then we invite you to submit your resume including salary history/requirements. Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required by the contract at all times.
- Recent IA/CND Operations Center (Ops Center) experience;
- 3-5 Years of IA/CND operational experience preferred (e.g., DoD Information Network (DODIN), Defense Cyber Operations (DCO), NCC, etc.);
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends as required;
- Strong Customer Communications Skills;
- Ability to advise on network security and defense issues and enforce network security and vulnerability mitigation policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to draft clear and concise reports and to brief daily network security summaries and related issues and concerns to senior leaders and a larger audience;
- Sound knowledge of management and monitoring of various network security components, devices and services;
- Strong configuration knowledge of network security tools (e.g., Symantec Security Information Manager - SSIM, Mcafee Host Based Security System, Quest InTrust, etc.);
- Advanced understanding and in-depth knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and security monitoring concepts
- Knowledge of implementing Access Controls;
- Knowledge of Patch Management;
- Knowledge of Security Incident Response;
- Experience in the management of Command and Control systems or other large corporate networks;
- Familiarity with current HQ N-NC J6 and DCO policy, programs and standards
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply to a position, please contact Michelle Sweeney, HR Manager, by phone at (781) 273-1600 or by email at accommodations4inc.com.
S4 Inc. - 9 months ago