The cylinder driver will be responsible for safely reviewing load documentation, loading of truck, record keeping and completion of all required company and federal documentation. This person will work with the dispatcher and fill plant supervisor insuring the safe on time deliveries of cylinders achieving a high level of customer satisfaction. This position is located in Dallas, TX.
1. Perform customer site safety inspections.
2. Filling Cryogenic Liquid Dewars.
3. Provide first line technical support.
4. Monitor and maintain delivery vehicle condition.
Receives, stores, and distributes cylinders and merchandise within establishment and onto distribution trucks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine what cylinders and/or welding supplies need to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys cylinders or merchandise from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places cylinders and merchandise according to predetermined sequence such as size, type of gas or equipment, color or brand.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places cylinders and/or merchandise on trucks.
- Maintains cleanliness of warehouse, dock area and store.
- Transfers cylinders to and from filling cages, trucks, and storage areas.
- Records quantity of item pumped and conducts monthly cylinder audits.
- Fills liquid cylinders with pumping equipment.
- Connects pipelines between pumps and cylinders being filled or emptied.
- Observes pressure gauges and flowmeters, and adjusts valves to regulate speed of pump and control pressure and rate of flow of liquid gas.
- Maintains pumps and lines by replacing filters and gaskets, tightening connections, and adjusting pumps.
- Inspects liquid cylinders for defects before filling.
- Backs up route drivers and makes deliveries as needed.
- Assists with inside sales, stocking of shelves and semi-annual inventories.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, clients, vendors or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Minimum of High School or Equivalent education. Certification from accredited driving school. CDL "A" with HazMat Endorsements. Forklift Operating Certificate. Experience and Commitment to a Safe Working Environment. Previous experience in the cylinder gas specialty chemical industry. Demonstrated commitment to customer service. Ability to perform basic administrative functions and problem solving.
- Hazardous materials training and certification.
- Commercial driver’s license with hazmat and airbrakes endorsements.
- Forklift training.
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. - 10 months ago