Shift: 3pm-12am Monday-Friday
The Data Center Technician - Operations will operate, monitor, measure, and attain HMS Data Centers Service Level Commitments. In addition, they maintain facility appearance and integrity, especially during assigned shift. Also, responsible for providing assistance to customers and projects, as such situations arise.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor and Operate Data Centers critical functions and facilities to meet or exceed Service Levels.
- Measure and record vital statistics and produce appropriate reports, including shift and weekly reports.
- Record and maintain accurate incident and change records and logs.
- Respond physically to trouble situations within the local facility and conduct troubleshooting (including of telecom circuits) as may be required.
- Detect and dispatch help for trouble situations within non-local facilities, and attempt remote troubleshooting if possible/practical.
- Conduct routine walkthroughs of local facility, correcting both appearance and functional imperfections.
- Provide 'Remote Hands' assistance, as requested by customers.
- Chaperone vendors and guests, as may become necessary.
- Provide hospitable and enthusiastic assistance to customers and prospects, whether on phone or on premises.
- Monitor, correct, and report observed infractions of security policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with peer Technicians in other HMS facilities regarding operational situations and health.
- Contribute suggestions for improvements in the quality, integrity, and efficiency of operations regularly.
- Adapt to temporary shift schedule changes required to deal with absences of other personnel.
- Associates Degree (or higher) in a computer-related field OR 2+ years professional work experience.
- 3+ years' experience in a technical support role maintaining high service levels in a demanding data center environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb equipment and walk on rooftops and cat-walks.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the data center.
- Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts for 3-4 days at a time, with intervening 4-3 days off.
- Availability to occasionally work extra hours (including weekends) per an on-call basis.
- Excellent communications with others, especially regarding technical matters.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, Power, Fire, Security building systems operations and safety.
- Working knowledge of telecommunications technologies, systems, and circuits.
- Data center skills and experience in installing/moving equipment and cabling on a large-scale basis.
- Experience working with various networking hardware such as multiplexers, routers, and switches.
- Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Experience with fault isolation and troubleshooting networks including LAN and WAN.
- Familiarity with configuring networking equipment such as routers, switches, and hubs.
- Experience with data communication issues, including security, resource management, capacity planning, monitoring, and performance.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and interruptions.
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
TDS - 22 months ago
TDS, #504 on the 2014 Fortune® 1000, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to...