The Data Center Technician - Security will secure, operate, monitor, measure, and attain HMS' Data Centers Service Level Commitments, and maintain facility appearance and integrity, especially during assigned on-site schedule.
Note: Shift(24 hours/week) available.
7pm Saturday - 7am Sunday & 7pm Sunday - 7am Monday
- Staff the main data center security station, provide the critical site access security, and enforce the access control measures for all constituencies desiring access to data center or data room areas.
- Monitor and Operate Data Centers critical functions and facilities to meet or exceed Service Levels.
- Monitor and record vital statistics and produce appropriate reports, including shift and weekly reports.
- Record and maintain accurate incident and change records and logs, consistent with then-current operating practices and policies.
- Respond physically to trouble situations within the local facility and conduct troubleshooting as may be required, until on call personnel can arrive on site and take over.
- Detect and dispatch help for trouble situations in facilities, and attempt troubleshooting if possible/practical.
- Conduct routine walkthroughs of local facility, correcting both appearance and functional imperfections.
- Provide 'Remote Hands' assistance, as may be requested by customers, without abandoning front desk responsibilities.
- Chaperone vendors and guests, or seek chaperones for vendors and guests, as may become necessary, without abandoning front desk responsibilities.
- Provide hospitable and enthusiastic assistance to customers and prospects, whether on phone, on electronic communications, or on premises.
- Monitor, correct, and report observed infractions of security policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with peer Technicians in other HMS facilities regarding security, operational, and safety/health situations.
- Contribute suggestions for improvements in the quality, integrity, and efficiency of operations regularly.
- Adapt to temporary schedule changes required to deal with absences of other personnel.
- Assist, as available: In servicing customer support incident tickets unrelated to security, AND/OR in monitoring of managed services during break periods AND/OR hardware installation including: computer rack shelves, computer cabinet power strips, computer cabinet rails, low voltage network cable management, customer computer server equipment, cutting tiles and installing wires.
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED.
- 2+ years' experience in a technical or customer support role.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb equipment and walk on rooftops and cat-walks.
- Must be willing to work 12 hour schedule for 3-4 days at a time, with intervening 4-3 days off.
- Strong communications with others, especially regarding technical matters.
- Prior exposure to, or experience with, basic operation or maintenance HVAC, Power, Fire, Security building systems operations and safety in a data center or high technology office setting.
- Working knowledge of data center technologies, systems, and circuits.
- Experience in installing/moving data center computer equipment and low voltage network cabling on a large-scale basis.
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
TDS, #504 on the 2014 Fortune® 1000, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to...