The Data Specialist is responsible for entry and audit validation of HR and position information stored held within our HRIS Lawson application. The essential purpose is to ensure consistent application of global data compliance regulations based on established global data management policies and procedures. Responsibilities include timely entry of HR transaction data from source documents from HR, managers and Payroll areas outside of the MSS arena and utilize data management process rules to insure data is entered correctly as indicated by established process guidelines and Service Level Agreements. Audit incoming documentation to ensure quality and interact with HR generalist and specialist staff for follow-up on incomplete or inaccurate data, clarification and validation of data if questionable. Act as the data process expert for all HR employee and position data in support of our data integrity goals. This position is located in The McGraw-Hill Companies offices on 1221 Avenue of the Americas in NYC.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for HR data related questions; investigating and resolving data integrity issues within Lawson
- When required, accountable for the timely set up and input of employee and payroll data in Lawson.
- Monitor data management compliance by auditing transaction process to ensure accurate processing of HR information
- Follow up and resolve discrepancies on requests for data changes with the Human Resources Generalists.
- Supports HR data integrity initiative by acting as a central point of contact for questions or requests regarding HR data processes
- Perform analysis on data utilizing appropriate reference guides.
- Maintains documentation related to data process and procedures to ensure quality criteria and content.
- Analyzes exception reports and corrects data as necessary
- Utilizes computer software programs to conduct analysis of data.
Employee must be fluent in Lawson data process for both Human Resources and Payroll
Ability to communicate effectively to all professional levels within the company.
Have at least three years’ experience in HR Data Entry
Excellent organizational skills needed as well as knowledge of processes and contacts in event of problems
Must have a high level of integrity in dealing with highly confidential information
Detail orientation with ability to multi-task effectively and work within time constrains
Intermediate in the use of Desktop software including,
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word
Must be able to perform duties in a team environment.
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
McGraw-Hill Financial is a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power and Associates and Platts, a leader in commodities information. In September of 2011, The McGraw-Hill Companies announced its intention to separate into two companies by the end of 2012: McGraw-Hill Financial and McGraw-Hill Education.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Corp Human Resources
McGraw Hill Financial
The McGraw-Hill Companies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....