We are seeking an experienced DB2 Z/OS Database Administratorto support our client in Orangeburg, NY. This is a 6 month, W2 contract position, with a possible extension.
Softtek offers a generous benefits package for our consultants, with no waiting period .
Essential Job Function:
Required Skills / Experience:
- For each project, meet with the various teams, e.g., development, data administration, business analysts to analyze the requirements and database impacts. Design the physical data model, including the many parameters for tablespace, table, index, and columns, etc.
- Implement database changes in the 60+ environments. This includes unloads, drops, creates, loads, runstats, image copies, binds, access path analysis, etc.
- Maintain the very large billing databases-- considered one of the largest and busiest DB2 databases. Managing databases of this size require great depth of knowledge in order to avoid outages and performance degradation.
- Serve in the weekly on-call rotation and represent the team during slowdowns and outages.
- Recover the applications during disaster recovery exercises. Formulating and execute the database recovery jobs and validate that the applications are working properly. Support the various systems and application teams as they test/validate their respective systems.
- As a senior technician, act in a leadership capacity on complex projects guiding other team members and developers towards the optimal solution and implementation.
- Mentor less experienced and new team members as well as senior technicians on other teams as appropriate.
Education / Certifications:
- Requires 5 years of related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of relational databases
- Must possess great depth of knowledge in the many tools and utilities used by the team. For example, the TMON suite of monitors, Power Designer, Explain, Fileaid for DB2, RMF III, the BMC suite of database tools and utilities, the IBM suite of database tools and utilities, SPUFI, QMF, DB2 PM batch and on-line, and the EZ DB2 suite of tools.
- Great depth and breadth of technical knowledge—across platforms--is required to support the various development initiatives and to trouble-shoot when problems arise.
BS Degree or equivalent experience.
Candidates must pass a background check and skills assessment.
Softtek Integration Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, place of national origin and other categories protected by law are not factors in employment, promotion, compensation or working conditions.
SOFTTEK Company Summary
Founded in 1982, Softtek is a global provider of process-driven IT solutions with 30 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. With nine Global Delivery Centers in Mexico, China, Brazil, Argentina and Spain, Softtek helps improve time-to-business-solution, lower costs of existing applications, deliver better engineered and tested applications, and produce predictable outcomes for top-tier corporations in over 20 countries. Through on-site, on-shore and its trademarked Global Nearshore™ service delivery models, Softtek teams with CIOs to constantly increase the business value of IT. Softtek is the creator and a leader of the nearshore industry.
We aspire to transcend as a leading global provider of IT and business process solutions, forging longstanding and mutually beneficial relationships built on a foundation of earned trust. We will build our future by being a well-grounded and socially responsible company, with a profitable track record, delivering innovative high quality services, driven by a passionate, human-centric culture.
US Operations Corporate Offices:
3636 South Geyer RdSunset Hills, MO 63127
o Application-Related Services
o Business Process Outsourcing
o IT Infrastructure Support
o Software Products and Associated Services
o Softtek is a preferred service provider for several Fortune 500 organizations
o Top-tier corporations in the markets where we operate
Awards and Distinctions:
o SEI CMMi Level 5
o Six Sigma Corporate Program
o IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 List®, 2009, 2010, 2011
o 10 SAP Award of Excellence in “Best Regional Partner” category
o Named as a "Strong Performer" for SAP Implementation services by Forrester
o Globalization-2010 Award for Performance, GE GDC Program
o BusinessWeek Emerging Outsourcing Players
o ISO 9001:2008 (for Procurement Services from Aguascalientes, Mexico and for “Design, development, support and IT application improvements” in Argentina)
o ISO 9001:2008 Certification (for Development, Maintenance & Application Support in Brazil)
o Gartner Best Solution Delivery Award 2004
o The Global Services 100 - Top Company to Watch South of the Border 2007 & 2008 and Top Company to Watch in Latin America 2006 by neoIT and Global Services Magazine
o Great Place to Work® Institute’s Best Places to Work For: Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico
o Only Latin-American company in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Offshore Application Services 2006 & 2007
For additional information click www.softtek.com
For other employment opportunities click http://www.softtek.com/en/unitedstates/jobs-usa-canada