The DC Human Resource Administrative Assistant supports the HR Business Partners in the day to day functions of the Human Resource department while ensuring confidentiality is maintained in all aspects of responsibilities. Also provides administrative support to VP of Logistics as needed.
· Administrative support of DC HR and Distribution to include maintaining reports, logs and scheduling appointments.
· Enter and track applications in Excel.
· Assist with the hiring process to include scheduling interviews, completing and mailing decline letters, input for background checks and making job offers at the direction of the HR Business Partners.
· Conduct new hire orientations and submit completed paperwork to payroll.
· Assist with creating access badges for new hires as needed.
· Filing in Employee files as needed.
· Assist with Kronos entries.
· Maintain attendance data base and entry of points as needed.
· Process paperwork and scan to other departments as needed for evaluations, terminations and status changes.
· Maintain and administer the job bid program.
· Assist in planning and organization of associate programs and events to include shopping for, ordering and picking up items for events.
· Assist Director of Distribution and other Supervisors and Managers with projects as needed.
· Fill in for receptionist as needed.
· Additional responsibilities to be determined as business needs arise.
Skills, Competencies, and Essential Functions:
· Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative support position.
· Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
· Possess the ability to work effectively in a professional environment.
· The ability to exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to effectively communicate with all team members as well as guests.
· Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
· Ability to complete assignments in the time allotted.
· Proficient in Microsoft office products including Word and Excel.
· Physical ability to sit for extended periods and work at a computer.