Summary: The primary responsibility of the General Maintenance position involves the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Preventive Maintenance and Safety:
- Check and replace interior and exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Pick up and discard empty cardboard boxes into the recycling compactor.
- Sweep warehouse floors.
- Operate the floor scrubber on warehouse floor.
- Dust building for cobwebs and excessive dust buildup on walls, fixtures and product.
- Operate scissor lift to clean and maintain high areas.
- Maintain batteries with weekly water fill ups for material handling equipment.
- Perform adjustments on the conveyor system.
- Replace shelving and racking components as directed.
Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, cigarette butts and animal droppings on the ground. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times.
Other areas of Responsibilty:
- Grounds adjacent to the road in front of the DC
- Employee and guest parking lot and drive
- Outside smoking area
- Front office entry way
- Employee entrance
- Truck lot and drive
- Driver entrance
- Dumpster enclosures
- Outside of emergency exit doors
- CSR office
- Will Call area
- Pump Room
- Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpsters into dumpsters. Pick up and sweep area.
- Detail property on a regular basis. uses leaf blower and pressure washer to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of debris.
- Paint walls to keep them looking clean, as directed.
- Maintain tool cabinet.
- Perform grounds keeping.
- Empty trash receptacles into trash compactor.
- Clean trap drains on roof.
- Keep roof free of debris.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to solve basic math problems. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performance the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
S.P. Richards - 2 years ago
S.P. Richards has plenty of parts to play as a genuine office supplier. The subsidiary of Genuine Parts is a leading distributor of office...