DEPARTMENT ONLY - This is a department only recruitment for current City and County of Denver Office of Economic Development employees who are eligible for promotion, transfer, demotion, or re-promotion.
The City and County of Denver's Office of Economic Development (OED) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Division of Small Business Opportunity Administrator I. This individual will act as an onsite representative at the Wellington Webb Building for the OED's Division of Small Business Opportunity.
The DSBO Administrator I will work as a liaison to City Executives to advise and implement public policies, initiatives and programs to attract, retain and promote business for the City. The successful candidate will also work with business chambers and community partners to build partnerships and initiatives that strengthen an inclusive environment for doing business.
This position will be responsible for the simultaneous coordination of the certification process , contract administration and the supervision of the Management Analysts , Contract Compliance Coordinators and Technicians who are responsible for the certification applications/renewals , audits and payments to contractors and consultants.
The Denver Office of Economic Development (OED) is a driving force that advances economic prosperity for the City of Denver, its businesses, neighborhoods and residents through purposeful and intentional economic development that: (1) broadens the tax base; (2) stimulates balanced economic growth through business assistance, neighborhood revitalization and the development of a skilled workforce; and (3) focuses on innovation, sustainability and education.
Through its operation of the Division of Small Business Opportunity , OED promotes the growth of Denver’s small and disadvantaged businesses by providing access to government contracting opportunities. We offer five types of business certifications – Small Business Enterprise (SBE), Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE), Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE), Airport Concessions Small Business Enterprise (ACDBE), and Airport Concessions Small Business Enterprise (ACSBE). With certification, contracting opportunities are available on city and construction and federally-funded projects.
- Advises and implements public policies, initiatives and programs to attract, retain and promote business for the Office of Economic Development.
- Assist business with accessing the Office of Economic Development business development and certification services.
- Contract Administration and Compliance: Ensuring adherence to strict prompt pay timeliness while ensuring accuracy and quality of work.
- Supervising of Contract Administration Section monitoring over 600 Construction and Professional Services contracts.
- Management Reporting: Ensuring all management reports are accurate and timely.
- Developing work plans, methods, processes for contractual/audit procedures.
- Ensuring project managers, assistant project managers, managers and supervisors adhere to the City's contractual policies and procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations and document /report, accidents and incidents occurring with business and vendors having contracts.
Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Political science, or a related field.
Three years of technical and/or administrative experience in regulatory compliance.
A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
- Experience advising on and implementing public policy
- Prior supervision experience
- Ability to train and support staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with MS Office applications;
- Decision making and problem solving ability;
- Team leader
- Be highly proficient with the use of computers and have the ability to multi-task.
- Be able to successfully pass physical and drug screen.
- Be able to successfully pass a 10-year criminal background check and FBI fingerprint check.
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
Classification Title : Administrator I
Working/Functional Title : Division of Small Business Opportunity Administrator I
Pay Grade : 810-A
Compensation Range : $56,967.00 - $91,147.00
Agency : Economic Development
To Apply : please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit: www.denvergov.org/jobs
Testing : 100% Scored Supplemental
Background Check/Drug Testing: Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required.
Probationary Period : The successful candidate will be required to complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will be active during this time) prior to attaining Career Status with the City.
Recruiter : TA
The City and County of Denver - 30+ days ago