Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting for a Deputy Project Manager /Senior IT Security Analyst in support of a contract with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) at our Rockville, MD location, Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is approximately January 2013.
As a Deputy Project Manager (DPM) of the team that is responsible for a wide range of IT Security Project support; will work in a number of program areas and perform tasks developing, coordinating and documenting plans, procedures and testing for the Program Support Center and its clients to include Security Accreditation (Certification & Accreditation) of systems, security testing, and NIST annual security reviews, as well as vulnerability scanning and penetration testing. The office is tasked with development, promulgation and execution of the IT Security Program for the agency.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist and direct efforts in the absence of the PM of a team of 7 – 15 employees to ensure all contract requirements are satisfied; assign/review work; complete other management related tasks; liaison between ARTI team and ARTI Headquarters; assist PM in coordinating other company administrative requirements; respond to ARTI Headquarters for non-contract related tasks.
- Assist the Client with IT Security issues and respond in a timely manner to Client requests for information, preparation of monthly reports and ad hoc reports.
- Develop and write Security Accreditation (Certification and Accreditation) documentation, perform ST&E independent evaluations, and conduct annual security reviews in accordance with NIST Special Publication 800-37 Rev 1 and other NIST guidance.
- Assist in the certification and accreditation of systems associated with HSPD-12 and related activities.
- Develop and track corrective actions for audit findings and manage the POA&M reporting process for the agency.
- Develop and test disaster recovery / contingency plans and continuity of operation plans for IT systems.
- Develop, analyze, and administer the entity-wide Security Planning using the existing documentation, industry standards and federal government legislation.
- Design, implement, document, and evaluate government computer security programs. Develop government security policy documentation.
- Develop and document Systems and Infrastructure Security Plans.
- Develop and evaluate plans, principles, and procedures for accomplishing customer IT security studies and provide professional analysis of methods and objectives.
- Assist in the collection and presentation of security documentation in response to audit requirements.
- Develop and analyze IT security models, and maintain methodology to track Security Plans for each sensitive/critical major application and general support system within the organization.
- Develop, analyze, and maintain the entity-wide Continuity of Operation Plan (COOP) update for critical operations.
- Evaluate and analyze the critical technology processing needs of the related services.
- Research, develop, document, and implement tracking and inventory methodologies for maintaining inventory of critical assets (human resources, hardware and software).
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to sensitive government information, High Risk Public Trust clearance with background evaluation and credit check.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 10 years of specialized experience; minimum of 6-8 years of management/supervisory experience; basic understanding of contract administration experience with the Federal government.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or other IT Security related certifications required.
- Management experience of a team of similar size as for this contract staff.
- Well-versed in using MS Office applications, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of security implications of HSPD-12, PKI, Active Directory, systems architecture, and related activities is desired.
- Familiarity with Trusted Agent is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of computer security requirements and practices in the civilian sector of the federal government.
- Experience with Financial Management Systems is a plus.
- Experience with designing, implementing, documenting, and evaluating government computer security programs.
- Experience with writing government computer security policy documentation.
- Must have a general understanding of IT security requirements and demonstrated experience in IT security writing and presenting reports to executive level personnel.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to prepare all documents and presentations in their final form.
- Must have experience in at least two of the of the following areas:
- Conducting and writing Security Accreditations (Certification & Accreditations) of systems.
- Conducting NIST self assessments, privacy impact assessments and risk assessments.
- Writing and testing disaster recovery or contingency plans.
- Conducting FIPS 199 requirements analysis.
- Must have demonstrated experience and/or in-depth knowledge consistent with security principles and best practices as reflected in the NIST 800-37 Rev 1, NIST 800-53, NIST-800-18, OMB A-130, FISMA requirements, and other applicable Federal regulations and guidelines.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communications skills and be able to effectively brief senior level government managers.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Our preferred method for receiving your resume is to apply on-line.
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI)
Apply on-line at: http//www.team-arti.com/jobopening.htm
Attention: Recruiter, 12-
1555 King Street Suite 400
Alexandria, VA 22314
Fax: (703) 682-4823
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc - 20 months ago