This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and level of difficulty required of this position; it is not intended to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of an employee under his/her supervision.
Perform all aspects of accounting functions and assist with bookstore operations. Also, to provide support to the Director of Financial Aid and customer service to students, faculty and staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Present a warm, friendly, and professional attitude and appearance when greeting and assisting clients, students, and visitors with accounting or billing request or referring them to the appropriate personnel.
2. Distribute phone calls and voice mails for FA Hotline overflow for financial aid department.
3. Follow proper procedures in a timely manner when sending and receiving all electronic communications via email or instant messenger or when making and receiving phone calls. Screen all forms of communications and provide appropriate information when applicable. Follow guidelines for taking financial aid related calls.
4. Check for FA-related mail and distribute accordingly.
5. File appropriate financial aid paperwork as necessary. Maintain active student file area at all times. Manage student file inventory.
6. Work with other administrative support as needed to cover front desk in the event that assistance is needed.
7. Assist in verification of accuracy of quarterly tuition billing.
8. Attend training sessions as required and requested by DOFA.
9. Assist in bookstore operations as needed.
10. Serve as back-up to the Online accounting staff as needed.
11. Assist accounting staff to maintain quarterly billing cycle for current cash pay students and distribute student statements.
12. Assist to maintain accounts receivable report, including follow-up on past due accounts.
13. Assist in delinquency efforts including sending letters and follow-up via phone/mail/email.
14. Organize and complete new employee paperwork for FA staff.
15. Schedule and organize all phone screens and interviews for potential employees.
16. Assist with preparation and distribution of all meeting minutes, including team meetings and training meetings. Prepare all typing/word processing and data entry with accuracy.
17. Assist with preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual statistical reports including preparation of Quarterly Cancellation Analysis.
18. Maintain filing and organize all Online Financial Aid personnel folders in accordance to Human Resources guidelines.
19. Assist with planning and preparation of meetings and special events for Online Financial Aid.
20. Track and input all payroll absence reporting.
21. Maintain office supply inventory and complete ordering of supplies as needed.
22. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, writes clearly and informatively, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, adapts to changes in the work environment, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, completes work in timely manner and upholds organizational values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years previous work experience in accounting or business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in addition to familiarity performing research on the Internet.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Harrison College - 16 months ago