Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $10-$14/ hour plus commission
Location: Jackson County, Illinois
Sells and services new and existing accounts. Performs sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs, and sales of additional coverage as assigned.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initiate and follow-up with customers and providers to sell or resolve problems, answer questions, correspondence and reports.
- Prepares, processes, reviews and monitors various documents such as premiums, coverage of risk, policies, renewals, claims, applications, changes, endorsements, binders, contracts, etc.
- Contacts current and prospective customers to sell and explain coverage gaps, account rounding and solicitation of new business within market area.
- Prepares and presents proposals, quotes and recommends coverage based on customer needs and sales of appropriate coverage.
- Assists customer and arranges payment terms in accordance with established guidelines.
- Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Collects delinquent accounts on agency billed policies.
- Prepares and calculates premiums, invoicing, commissions and other accounting related functions.
- Creates and maintains computer files and suspense for follow-up.
- Provides advisory support and assistance to the department supervisor as needed.
- Attends sales seminars, sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, regulations in the market place.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry experience and sales experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, policies, documents and regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Skill and ability to meet people, listen, and sell.
- License already or will to got as soon as possible.
- Meet background and drug screening requirements