DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices and services that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. We have an immediate opening for a Field Service Representative II in Anchorage, AK for our DJO Healthcare Services Division.
The Field Service Representative assists in carrying out the company’s mission by providing professional customer service to clinics, physicians therapists and patients. Serves as liaison between site and corporate office.
Essential Job Functions:
Our product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, Empi®, ProCare® and DJO® Surgical.
- Manages inventory to designated replenishment level.
- Manages product mix of franchise vs. non-franchise to designated level.
- Responsible for coordinating required audits of inventory as set forth by the DJOHS management team.
- Responsible for proper fitting and instructions of soft goods, bracing, electro therapy, bone growth stimulation, traction, and all other DJO products dispensed at clinics.
- Completes and delivers appropriate documentation to billing department, following all necessary compliance and regulatory processes. Obtains Certificate of Medical Necessity forms and chart notes as necessary and forwards to the Billing Department.
- Responsible for pre-authorization of claims as required by individual insurance contracts.
- Performs functional brace measuring and fitting as prescribed by the physician’s of the clinic. Ensures proper completion of DJO measuring forms and Insurance Billing Information forms for functional brace fitting. Coordinates with patients for follow-up fitting appointments as necessary.
- Responsible for educating staff members to DJOHS policies/procedures.
- Handle all defective products and returns them to DJO for replacement. Instructs office staff how to handle, document and reissue products in the case of defective products.
- Identify infection control area for product to be disposed of and educate staff of area requirements. Educate and train office staff to maintain inventory in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Travel to various locations upon request, using own transportation. Travel may be a routine or schedule, or may change from day to day.
- Other duties as required by the DJOHS management team to insure proper operating procedures within DJOHS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education – High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of an Orthopedic Technology, Athletic Trainers or Physical Therapy program and be certified by the governing board of that field or equivalent orthopedic experience required. Board for Orthotics/Prosthetics certification (BOC) a plus.
Experience - 4 - 7 years experience in a hospital, clinic or office, or as an independent contractor working directly in the care of the orthopedic patient or related experience. Demonstrated experience with the application of soft goods/functional bracing; dealing with multiple physicians in a high volume clinic.
DJO is a portfolio company of the Blackstone Group.