Diesel Mechanic - Diesel Technician Needed!
We are now hiring Diesel Technicians to maintain
our fleet of school buses at our Pueblo location.
Job duties include:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspects, tests, and aligns bus lights and wheels and maintains electrical systems and controls. Balances wheels to minimize wear on tires and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals. Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards. Adjusts equipment to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards.
- Disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized mechanic tools and equipment.
- Performs limited bodywork and repainting on vehicles after a breakdown or accident.
- Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters.
- Maintains part usage records and orders repair parts from designated suppliers.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- May be required to maintain small parts storeroom.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
First Student cares as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we offer competitive wages and benefits, company training, paid holidays and vacation, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) savings plan, free uniforms, and much more.
Our School Bus Technicians must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL license
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 1-2 years diesel service and fleet experience (ASE certifications preferred)
- Be able to pass our background investigation and drug screen.
Click on Apply Now to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Drug screening is a condition of employment.
FirstGroup - 20 months ago
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister company...