HFF (Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P.) is a leading provider of commercial real estate and capital market services to the U.S. commercial real estate industry. HFF operates out of 21 offices and offers clients a fully integrated capital markets platform including debt placement, investment sales, advisory services, equity placement, loan sales and commercial loan servicing. Our goal is to hire and retain associates who have the highest ethical standards and the best reputation in the industry. Without the best people, we cannot be the best firm.
The Director of Corporate Research is responsible for monitoring and reporting on economic conditions and the commercial real estate capital markets for the U.S. The candidate will collect, analyze and present data in a format usable by HFF's Executive Committee for client presentations and meetings.
- Analyze commercial real estate capital markets data from several sources, continuously editing and updating the firm's capital markets overview presentation.
- Track national economic indicators, research and communicate local, regional and national commercial real estate market information and direct relevant information to Producers.
- Create presentations for meetings with HFF clients discussing health of the U.S. economy and real estate markets as well as the capital markets.
- Property Specific Newsletters - Contribute articles discussing macro U.S. capital markets trends and/or city-specific property level fundamentals.
- Work with the marketing and graphics team to organize into a marketing piece distributed to clients and capital sources across the country.
- Actively participate in national and regional real estate industry organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, real estate or urban planning preferred or equivalent experience
- Position requires 10+ years of relative experience in real estate research and evaluating demographics and economic conditions.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills in order to express complex and technical concepts to clients in a clear, concise and compelling fashion.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Office 2010 version).
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal a plus.
HFF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Office - work with computers, copiers and scanners.