The Investigation, Revenue and Enforcement Administration (IREA) is recruiting a Director - Data Analytics & Reporting for their Management Analysis, Planning and Program Support (MAPPS) division, who will:
IREA programs in the areas of data reporting, data analysis, performance measurement, etc .
- Manage a team of research data analysts who provide research and analytical support to
develop and maintain processes that find predictive correlations or patterns among data
- Be responsible for the development of new data mining capabilities for IREA; specifically,
elements in large program and administrative databases.
predictive indicators that help to create meaningful case filters and identify new investigative
- Direct efforts to utilize both program and administrative data to develop and maintain
measurement systems of IREA.
- Direct efforts to expand and maintain the data analysis, reporting and performance
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in "1" above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in "1" above.
- Proficiency with advanced statistical analysis software tools.
- Knowledge of modern statistical methods.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) programming experience highly desirable.
- Experience extracting, manipulating and analyzing data from large databases.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Project, Visio and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and State social service programs.
Click the apply now button.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 20 months ago