Location: Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Responsible for the daily operations and functions of the hospital patient access department. Integrates patient access services with the hospital’s primary functions, promotes service excellence, develops and implements policies and procedures, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of department staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Oversees facility patient access functions to ensure daily operations are maintained according to established performance standards.
- Maintains and promotes service excellence and satisfaction with facility management, physicians, physician office staff, and patients.
- Develops short and long term departmental goals and monitors on a monthly basis. Develops and implements action plans as needed.
- Creates and maintains monthly budgets and provides variance analyses on both positive and negative variances. Develops and implements action plans as needed.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety and quality of care of the services delivered.
- Ensures high levels of performance, achievement of goals and quality of results through coaching and mentoring of managers and staff.
- Routinely evaluates current policies to improve operations and maintain compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory entities. Ensures that all established policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to within all relevant areas of Patient Access.
- Ensures standard practice, compliance, and audit criteria are met by providing education to all relevant personnel regarding appointment scheduling, registration, open referrals, time of service payment posting, insurance verification, and any other relevant applications/duties.
- Ensures physicians and staff members are continually updated regarding changes in authorization and billing requirements for Governmental and Managed Care Payers.
- Obtains monthly performance data for the facility and shares with the staff and facility management.
- Oversees management of Patient Access staff by providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment, completion of performance appraisals and disciplinary action.
- Works closely with Information Technology to ensure all system upgrades and current system issues are reviewed and properly identified to meet business operations.
- Works closely with the Central Business Office to ensure AR/Denial issues are identified, reviewed, and resolved to meet best practice standards.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes mandatory education requirements as assigned.
- Responsible for direction and supervision of exempt, non-exempt, temporary, and contract staffing as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to objectively appraise and analyze the qualifications and performance of others as well as the ability to plan and direct their activities.
- Ability to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems.
- Ability to lead a large group of subordinates while ensuring a high level of engagement and performance.
- Skilled in building relationships with other leaders and staff.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid Guidelines, JCAHO guidelines as it relates to registration/admitting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Experience in hospital revenue cycle functions required.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Knowledge of Patient Access or Business/Finance operations preferred.
Methodist Health System
- 3 years ago - save job
Why does a career at Methodist Health System outshine the others? To start with, we truly value our employees and we show it by offering...