TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the provider market, TransUnion offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help providers and patients find financial solutions for needed care. In the payer market, TransUnion offers healthcare analytics and reporting solutions to help payers improve the overall health of their members. The implementation of these solutions is changing the way healthcare is delivered in America.
As TransUnion’s fastest-growing business, we think of ourselves as a start-up company with a trusted pedigree. We pride ourselves on fostering a fun, friendly work culture that allows associates at every level the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to innovative projects – and allows them a life outside the office. Our salaries, bonuses, and benefits are highly competitive – designed to attract and retain great talent. And our engaged and accessible senior staff members pride themselves on creating opportunities for associates to collaborate, grow, and advance.
We have an opportunity available for a Director of Healthcare Business Development
This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow the healthcare vertical through inorganic means – partnership, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions. Identify trends/opportunities, develop strategic plans, including financial models, leveraging external and internal market intelligence and develop market analysis presentations. Focused on the front end of inorganic activity, this position owns the pipeline, activity, processes, and procedures necessary to increase inorganic vertical growth. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development & Sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches and identifies potential partnerships, joint ventures and acquisition opportunities that support the organization’s growth strategy.
- Participates in the execution of business development activities included due diligence, acquisition close activities and post-merger integration activities as required.
- Identifies and develops relationships with potential companies through sales calls, networking opportunities, and market analysis.
- Analyzes available information regarding target businesses to determine their operational and financial characteristics, comparative business performance, growth potential, market positions, performance against comparable, and tactical and strategic fit with the organization.
- Interprets financial and economic quantitative models and forecasts to support M&A and investment decisions. Utilizes models to project revenue, expenses and cash flows associated with various deal structures.
- Collaborates with Senior Management in forming and implementing plans to identify opportunities for new business that results in increasing market share and profitability.
- Builds a network of industry resources and serves on panels and boards on behalf of TU.
- Represents the organization by attending industry conferences to identify / explore new business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of industry, legal, and competitive trends and understands their impact on company objectives.
- Leadership: Effectively works across the TU business groups to facilitate individual and corporate business objectives. Leads with alignment, gains trust and is acknowledged as creating win-win situations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor of Science in business administration, health administration, finance, economics or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of Business Development/Analyst experience in the investment banking, venture or private equity markets, and/or related healthcare/life sciences field.
- Model building for purposes of business development – partnerships, joint ventures and / or acquisitions
- Analysis of market trends, target companies and competitive landscapes
- Independent professional who is self-motivated and results driven
- Conversant in technology and business process improvement
- Integrity, team player, responsible and professional demeanor
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple opportunities/projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Communicative, creative and innovative
- Takes accountability for results displays financial/business acumen
TransUnion helps credit scores transcend boundaries. The firm is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies (the others being...