The Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) is recruiting for an Administrative Staff Analyst (NM) to function as a Director of Client Information Services, who will:
• Plan, write, and maintain print/online documentation regarding the child support program
targeted at OCSE’s clients (custodial parents, noncustodial parents, and guardians), other
government agencies, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), and OCSE staff.
• Research and develop clear and accurate client-facing publications (e.g., including
brochures, website content, posters, newsletters) and coordinate their production and
• Consult with operations staff to produce articles about the child support program for
internal newsletters and intranet content.
• Plan and coordinate materials for advertising campaigns for transit and outdoor displays
and public service announcement for television and radio
• Investigate and report on media requests regarding the child support program and specific
• Provide text for child support voice response system, HRA Infoline.
• Assist in developing a social media strategy and writing the content once it is implemented.
• Act as liaison to the HRA Office of Communications & Marketing (OCM) and work closely
with them to design and finalize materials.
• Prepare written material for the Executive Deputy Commissioner.
• Conduct and monitor special projects.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in "1" above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in "1" above.
• Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills to produce high quality content; experience
writing for various audiences.
• Ability to work with multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in
a diverse work environment. Should have a pleasant in-person and online presence.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or other desktop
• Knowledgeable of or eager to learn about all child support programs and initiatives.
• 2+ years of copywriting experience.
Click the “Apply Now” button.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.